Note: Information Visualization Symposium Authors please contact Graham Wills or
John Dill for complete publication information
Guidelines for contributions to
Technical papers, case study papers and panels are published in the
- Technical Papers are limited to eight (8)
pages and up to one additional color page.
- Case Studies are limited to
four (4) pages and up to one additional color page.
For more information on Case Studies, please see the Case Studies page
Final paper submission due date is July 15, 1998.
For detailed instructions see:
Technical papers, case study papers, symposia, case study papers,
tutorials, and late breaking hot topics are
published in the conference CD ROM.
We encourage the authors to submit supplemental material to be included
on the CD-ROM (e.g. additional images, video, html files etc.)
Deadline for electronic submission:
- Papers, Symposia, Case Study Papers, and Tutorials: July 15, 1998.
For detailed instructions see:
As in past years, we will produce a videotape of the conference proceedings.
Please read carefully the video
submission instructions and don't forget to enclose a signed
IEEE VIDEO COPYRIGHT FORM.
Deadline for video submission is August 31, 1998.
Like last year, the IEEE Visualization '98 conference will create a
WWW site which will be an online archive/index of the conference. We will
include on the site an abstract of your paper or case study. First, we
will have in the site the abstract of the submitted paper. Following your
electronic submission for the CDROM, we will place online the final version
of the abstract, as it appears in the CDROM proceedings. However, we feel
that the visualization community will be better served by having WWW access
to the paper itself. In addition, this posting will give your paper wide
visibility in the visualization community. Therefore, we encourage our
authors to send us a URL for the full paper or case study when it is available,
and we will add it to the archive after the conference.
Please Email your full name, the title of your paper or case study and
your URL to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the condition for publication in the proceedings, CDROM,
and video proceedings, is that one of the authors registers and presents
the paper at the conference.
Check List for Authors of Technical Papers
- Update the paper according to reviewer comments.
- Format the paper according to specification.
- Print and sign the IEEE
- Mail by courier service to arrive by the deadline (July 15) to the
Proceedings Production Editor.
- Email the Proceedings Production Editor a note saying that the
paper was mailed.
- Prepare the paper for electronic submission according to the specifications.
- make your files electronically available by the deadline (July 15).
- Email the CDROM Production Editor a note
saying that the paper is available.
- Prepare any video submission according to the specifications.
- Print and sign the IEEE VIDEO
- Mail by courier service to arrive by the deadline (August 31) to
- Email the Video Co-Chairs a note saying that
the paper was sent.
- Place the electronic version of the paper in a WWW-accessible location.
- Email the URL to Michael Bender at email@example.com.
- July 15
- Final camera ready material for Papers, Panels, and Case study papers
is due to Proceedings Production Editor
- Final electronic version of material is due to CDROM
- URL of electronic version of material is due to Michael
- August 31
- Video submission is due to Video
- October 18
- Conference commences
- Torsten Möller
- Department of Computer and Information Science
- The Ohio State University
- 2015 Neil Avenue
- Columbus, OH 43210
- Phone: (614) 292-1117
- Fax: (614) 292-2911
- Robert McDermott
- Utah Supercomputing Institute
- 85 SSB, University of Utah
- Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Phone: (801) 581-4370
- Fax: (801) 585 5366
- Jim Rose
- Proceedings and CDROM Production Editor:
- Stephen Spencer
- ACM SIGGRAPH Director for Publications
- OSU - ACCAD
- 1224 Kinnear Road
- Columbus OH 43212-1154
- Work phone: (614) 292-3416
Go Back to Visualization'98