CMSC 441, Spring 1997
The following books have been placed on reserve in the library.
They are not required reading, but if you want a source of information
other than our textbook, you might find these texts useful.
- Introduction to Algorithms. Cormen, Leiserson and Rivest.
- Algorithmics: Theory and Practice. Brassard and Bratley.
- The Design and Analysis of Algorithms. Aho, Hopcroft and Ullman.
[Somewhat dated, but this is an old standby]
- Computer Algorithms. Baase.
- Art of Computer Programming, Vol 1 - 3. Knuth.
[Encyclopedia of Computer Programming.]
- The Design and Analysis of Algorithms. Dexter Kozen.
[Advanced algorithms lecture notes.]
- Algorithms in Modula-3. Robert Sedgewick.
[The same book is also available in Pascal, C and C++.]
- Algorithmics: The Spirit of Computing. Harel
- First Leaves: A Tutorial Introduction to Maple V. Char, et al.
- Programming Pearls. Bentley.
- More Programming Pearls. Bentley.
- Writing Efficient Programs. Bentley.
- Handbook of Algorithms and Data Structures. Gonnett.
- Discrete Mathematics with Applications. Epp.
[CMSC 203 textbook.]
- Introduction to Probability Theory. Hoel, Port and Stone.
- Applied Combinatorics. Roberts.
- Computers and Intractability: A Guide to the Theory of NP-Completeness.
Garey and Johnson.
Wed Jan 29 11:29:35 EST 1997
Richard Chang, email@example.com