| Programmer's Guide to the Oracle Call Interface
2 OCI Object Concepts
This part of the book contains chapters that describe the use of Oracle8 objects with the OCI:
- Chapter 8, "Object-Relational Programming with the OCI", provides an introduction to object concepts and object-relational programming with the OCI.
- Chapter 9, "Object-Relational Datatypes", discusses object datatypes and how you can represent database objects as C structures. This chapter also describes OCI functions that map and manipulate datatypes.
- Chapter 10, "Binding and Defining in Object Applications", covers binding and defining object-relational datatypes.
- Chapter 11, "Object Cache and Object Navigation", describes the object cache and how to navigate between objects.
- Chapter 12, "Using the Object Type Translator", discusses how the OTT is used to convert database type definitions into host language representations.