What is computer science?
The study of how to solve problems using methods that can be implemented on
But, as Edsger Dijkstra
said: "Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
Is CS a legitimate field of knowledge?
- What distinguishes CS from Mathematics?
- What distinguishes CS from the application of computers
within any particular discipline?
Within CS there are several dimensions
- Mathematical vs. Engineering vs. Social
- Theory vs. Software vs. Hardware
- General vs. application-domain specific
last modified on Tuesday, 22-Aug-2006 07:14:15 EDT